Saturday, April 24, 2010

Assignment #6

I really learned a lot from the blogs I've been doing and enjoyed doing them rather than writing essays. I learned a lot about the stories and payed closer attention to certain aspects of the stories through the blogs. I really enjoyed doing blog#2 the most because it was easy for me to jot down my thoughts on the text. Blog#3 was a little more difficult for me because it was harder for me to get ideas to describe the characters in the story "The Things They Carried." I also like blog#4 because I gained knowledge of the author in "The Story of an Hour" through biographical criticism. I think doing blogs is the best method for anyone taking a writing class rather than doing more papers because it's easier to do than write 6oo word essays and you get feedback from other classmates on what they think of your blog which you can't get from doing papers. Doing blogs is definetly my choice rather than doing more papers. I really haven't changed they way I write my blogs knowing others read them because it's my blogs and my opinions on what I think of the texts. I write my blogs like I write real essays. I like reading other classmates blogs because I get the chance to post my opinions about what I liked in their blogs and what I'm looking for. I also get the chance to see different viewpoints of the stories from other classmates. I've viewed so many blogs from classmates who have different interpretations of the stories we've covered so far. Some classmates even have the opposite of what I write in the blog assignments. I really don't have any confusions about a text or concept. I pretty much understand the texts and concepts very well. When I first started this class I really thought it was going to be more harder and more writing than English 101 because I did a lot of written essays in English 101 compared to this class. I really thought ENG 102 involved more assignments and projects. I really thought I had to write around 4 essays and 3 major research papers with high word limits. The only thing I really find a little bit more difficult than English 101 is the Literature book we are using. Many of the stories in this book are harder to understand than the stories I read in English 101.

1 comment:

  1. I have also learned a lot with blogs they are really helpful and make you think more in depth.

    ReplyDelete